Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cleansing...

Happy Thursday!  I've probably already mentioned in a previous post that Thursday is my favorite day of the week.  Anyway....let me get to the point of this post.....Cleansing

As you can see from a lot of the pictures I post of my natural hair journey, I wear makeup often.  Unless you are close to me and my family you will rarely see me without my "face" on.  Makeup is something that I enjoy wearing and applying on others.  I have VERY OILY skin and it is prone to acne if I do not properly cleanse it. Just like I enjoy putting on the makeup, I enjoy cleansing it. I think it is the most important step (the FIRST and the LAST step). 

Cleansing the skin is fairly easy.  The products and technique I use may not be right for everyone; you have to use what works well for your skin type and sensitivity level.

1.)  After a long day with my "face"on I begin my cleansing regime by removing as much makeup as I can with a makeup removing facial wipe.  I don't have a particular brand I'm drawn to but baby wipes can do the trick as well.

2.)   Second, I remove as much eye makeup as I can.  For hard stubborn waterproof eyeliner and mascara I find using good ole' Vaseline works just as well or better than an eye makeup remover.  Don't get me wrong, I have eye makeup remover as well.  What you use is your personal preference. I normally wipe the Vaseline off using the same facial wipe I used to wipe off my foundation.

3.) Next, I use my cleanser.  I cleanse my face using my hands and Philosophy's Purity.  You can use a cleanser that works well for you.  I findPurity is excellent for removing makeup.  When I am out of Purity I use Neutrogena®Oil-Free Acne Wash Pink Grapefruit Foaming Scrub. After I rinse my initial cleanser off with water, I go back and cleanse my face again using the Clarisonic. The Clarisonic pulls more dirt and makeup from deep within your pores.  The Clarisonic is what dramatically cleared up my skin and minimized the amount of breakouts I would have.

4.) After cleansing I use Witch Hazel as my toner.  This is just another measure to help pull traces of makeup out of my pores and gently reduces the size of my pores. It also helps remove access oil.

5.  Finally, it is time to moisturize.  Remember, I have VERY OILY skin so I do not moisturize regularly.  Within 20 minutes my face will look like a disco ball even without the use of a moisturizer.  If you have dry, normal, or combination skin I suggest to moisturize based on your skins needs.  Although I do not use a moisturizer regularly I do use an eye cream at night.

My particular regimen may not be right/perfect to you but what I want you to get out of this post is to WASH YOUR MAKEUP OFF EVERY NIGHT. DO NOT SLEEP WITH MAKEUP ON. Once I consistently followed this simple rule I developed fewer breakouts.  For me, it wasn't the makeup that was breaking me out.  It was not properly cleansing my skin that lead to breakouts. 

As always, what works for me may not work for you.  I do hope that what I share does help someone.  



Thanks for taking time to read my blog and please subscribe :)
 
Peace & Blessings....
 
Natural4Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment