Tuesday, November 8, 2011

So What Happened Next...

In Review:

I got my Big Chop!  ...and the lessons to be learned are "every persons reason for going natural is different just like every persons hair is different" AND "what works for me may not work for you."

LOL!...Ok, so on with the story!

In preparation, prior to my BC, I watched many YouTube videos that included style tutorials and product reviews.  I knew it would be a while before I could style my hair in twist, protective styles and other fabulous coifs of the sort so I payed close attention and took notes on the products of interest being used and the reviews given.  I know taking notes may sound a bit crazy but it helped me organize and remember all these products that were flashing before my eyes. 

.....so my BC is done and I think you know what happened next.....The next day I was in the stores searching for the beginnings of my hair arsenal.  (Also the beginnings of a product junkie in the making...I'm not ashamed...LOL!)

From the videos I watched I was interested in the following products listed below.  Since I am still a natural newbie and haven't used these products enough, I will not be providing any reviews at this time.  I would like to use a product a few times and take notes on my experience before I present my 100% honest opinion of the product.
  1. WATER-  I don't really consider this a "product" unless I decide to use store bout water...LOL!  This is a very import part of my arsenal.  If I didn't have anything else I will always have water.  
  2. Spray Bottle-  These come in handy for administering the water and any other liquid solutions may concoct to moisturize and condition your hair. 
  3. Shea Moisture Deep Treatment Masque - After washing and conditioning my hair I used this as a deep conditioning treatment.
  4. Shea Moisture Curling Enhancing Smoothie - I use this as a leave-in moisturizer before applying the Eco-Styler Olive Oil Gel.  Many naturalists I viewed gave their opinions about the importance of applying a moisturizer under any particular brand of gel you decide to use.
  5. Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel  - This is used as my main styler and it also is used to slick back and clean up my edges. 
  6. One 'N Only Moraccan Argan Oil Hair Treatment - I purchased this to use as a sealant.  I was interested in using Argan oil.  Apparently this product does not contain as much Argan oil as I would have preferred (realized that after the fact).
  7. One 'N Only Argan Oil Styling Cream - I purchased this and still haven't used it...LOL!
All of these products (minus the One 'N Only Argan Oil Styling Cream) were the makings of my go-to TWA (tiny winy afro) style: The Wash-n-Go.  I have taken note to provide a video of how I do my wash-n-go in the future.

Lets go back to the aforementioned product junkie comment.....So What Happened Next, Next.....The next week I was back in the stores purchasing other products to try. I purchased most of the Kinky-Curly hair line.  (I'm still not ashamed!)  I do have a lot of products that I purchased while I was still transitioning and then there were other purchases after Kinky-Curly but I'll save those for other posts.

So as always........
Thank you again for taking the time to read my blog :)

Peace & Blessings...

Natural4Rachel



Here are some pics of the products mentioned:




Water: Free

Spray Bottle: Varies by store. I got this particular bottle from Sally's for between $2 and $3. I could have gotten a cheaper bottle from Walmart.



Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie & Deep Treatment Masque: I got these from Walgreens at $9.99 ea.  Keep your eye out for sales.  You can find them BOGO free and/or BOGO 50% off.



One 'N Only Moraccan Argan Oil Hair Treatment & Argan Oil Styling Cream:  I got these from Sally's for  $9.49 ea/3.4oz Hair Treatment & $9.49ea/10oz Curl Cream.  AGAIN... watch for sales and if you have the Sally's Beauty Club Card you can get it for $8.49ea.
Eco Styler Olive Oil Gel:  I got this from Sally's and it is marked at $4.79 and $4.29 w/Beauty Club Card.  This goes on sale quite often so I did not pay this amount.  I've heard people mention getting their 32oz tub for as little as $2.99 on sale.

Kinky-Curly Knot Today, Curling Custard & Spiral Spritz:  I got mine from a specialty beauty supply called Hair Prosperity.  You can also find  them at your local Whole Foods Market if available. 
                                                                                 Knot Today:  8oz - $12.00
                                                                                 Curling Custard:   8oz - $17.00;  16oz - $29.99
                                                                                 Sprial Spritz: 8oz - $12.00
                         

No comments:

Post a Comment