Monday, March 5, 2012

One Year Anniversary

Well, it has been one year. No it hasn't...you just Big Chopped last September!  I'm not celebrating my BC just yet...I am celebrating one year since my last perm.  Yay!  I told my mom last night it felt good not perming my hair.  I'm sure my hair and body is thanking me for it. I've really been enjoying my curls and kinks.  When I do my hair, mainly on Sundays, I absolutely enjoy it.  It's my time to pamper my hair.  I never want to look at doing my hair as a laborious chore.  I know as it gets longer it will take more effort but I still want to enjoy that effort.  

In this first year of no perms I have totally changed the products I use and I've become a product junky and I'm proud of it. I enjoy rotating different products in my regimen.  Today I am expecting a big haul of Hair Rules products...the whole line. I can't wait to try it because I've watched many a YouTube video and saw a lot of good reviews.  Speaking of reviews....a year has given me enough time to share my opinion on many of the products I have used. I am going to create a new "Product Reviews" tab on my blog to make it easier to find these reviews.  

All of this blogging is very new to me and I know I'm not the most consistent blogger out there...LOL! My goal is to get better with consistency and stick to it. I have a bad habit of letting things fall by the wayside. Another goal I have is to one day begin creating YouTube videos.  I mentioned this in my very first blog post and I still haven't done one.  My number one goal is always healthy hair.  Why not hair growth, you say?  Well, I believe that with healthy hair comes hair growth.  I know my hair can grow and with time and PATIENCE it will reach great lengths.  With this said I have a lot to continue to look forward to.  


My normal Wash-n-Go Regimen:

Pre Poo:  Shea Moisture Organic African Black Soap Purification Hair Masque (NEW) 
Shampoo:  Shea Moisture Organic Shea Butter Curl & Shine Shampoo Coconut & Hibiscus
Conditioner:  Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner
Deep Conditioner: Shea Moisture Organic Raw Shea Butter Deep Treatment Hair Masque
Leave-In Conditioner: Kinky-Curly Knot Today
Sealant:  Extra Virgin Coconut Oil
Styler:  Kinky-Curly Curling Custard


As always, thanks for reading my blog and please subscribe :)

Peace & Blessings...

Natural4Rachel

No comments:

Post a Comment